New Year, new skincare routines! Yay!
I’m now done with my Christmas/new year skincare shopping, and I have already posted my hauls in this site (check them out here, and here.) It is now time for me to reveal my latest morning and evening skincare routines with the products I just purchased.
If you want to know to know my 2018 Skincare Goals, I wrote about it here.
It has been a long time since I posted an updated skincare routine here, and that’s primarily because for the past few months, there was not much of a change in my skincare routine (in fact, some of the items from my last skincare routine can still be found in these new routines!) and I’m afraid that if I post them after just a few product changes, it will be boring and it will look like I just posted the same routine–some products just take forever to empty up!!! However, I will write down some of the other products that I have used prior to this routine and after the last skincare routine that I have uploaded, just to keep things in order.
(related: Update: All-Korean Evening Skincare Routine)
- Oil Cleanser – Banila Co. Super Size Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm. This is actually a repurchase because I used the same oil cleanser before I started using the Jamong Cleansing Balm and the Etude House One Shot Sherbet Cleanser. I actually liked this balm better than the two other balms I have used, thus I decided to go back to this.
- Foam Cleanser – iSkin New York Deep Cleanser. After using the Cosrx Good Morning Low PH cleanser, I used the Banila Co. Clean It Zero Foam Cleanser for about a month before I started using this. There wasn’t anything wrong with the Banila Co. cleanser, it’s just that I had my face cauterized and my skincare clinic suggested that I use this cleanser for maintenance. I didn’t want to risk it thus I decided to buy this cleanser.
- Toner – Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin. Yes. I still have this product with me. No complaints! Even though I’m not really sure what it does to my skin…
- Essence – Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence. Prior to this I had Nature Republic’s Honey Real Nature Essence, Etude House’s Honey Cera Essence, and as well as their Wonder Pore Tightening Essence. I’m not yet done with these essences from Etude House, but I decided to have a break from the both of them and use this Snail essence from Cosrx twice daily because it has been so wonderful to my skin and I feel like it will be more effective if I apply it daily. However, I’m still planning on using the essences from Etude House soon. Actually, I only use the pore tightening essence on the nose area which is why these two always come together. I might use both of them in the morning and then this essence from Cosrx in the evening after a few weeks.
- Serum – It’s Skin Power 10 Formula VC Effector. I only had Dear Klairs’ Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop between this and the serum that I had in the last skincare routine that I posted.
- Eye Cream – Innisfree Orchid Eye Cream. I was supposed to use this for the evening to replace my Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream, but when I did, I noticed that my eyes weren’t getting any brighter. So I continued using my Skinfood eye cream in the evening and started using this orchid eye cream in the morning. Also, let me just say that this is totally perfect for morning use because it’s so easy to apply and it blends well with makeup.
- Oil – Organic Alley Rosehip Oil. Ooooooh! This is a new section. I am now introducing beauty oils to my skincare routine–as part of my skincare goals. So far, so good.
- Moisturizer – The Face Shop 99% Aloe Vera Gel. Before this, I was using the Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Gel but I ran out of it and I wasn’t able to order it online. This was the closest dupe that was locally available so I bought this instead. Needless to say, I still prefer the one from Nature Republic.
- Sun cream – Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA++++. I use a lot of sun creams. My choice depends on the event or the situation of the day. Whenever I’m at home, I usually just use the Belo SunExpert Face Cover SPF40 PA+++. But whenever I go out, I use this one from Biore.
This is not yet the perfect morning skincare routine for me. I have a love-hate relationship with the Organic Alley Rosehip Oil because it makes my face look really oily and it seems like it never absorbs into the skin, it just sits there the whole day. But ever since I added this oil in my routine, my skin has become more soft and flawless than ever!!!!!!! And I can really feel it after I wash my face and I haven’t applied anything to it yet, it feels great and it looks great and I’m totally in love with it (which makes me not want to do my skincare routine anymore because it’s freaking flawless!!! But I can’t not do my routine, of course. It’s the reason why it’s THAT flawless.)
I first applied it after my Aloe Vera Gel because I feel like it’s heavier than the gel, but then it started pilling. However, it does not leave an oily residue on my face. And then I tried applying it before the gel, and it feels like there’s no point of applying the gel anymore because the oil is too heavy, it seemed like I’m layering too much. But this time, there’s no pilling.
I’m not sure if it is my skin, or if it is my skincare line-up, or if it is the way I applied the rosehip oil and the aloe vera gel, but I really want to have rosehip oil in my routine. I had no problem with any oily residue or product pilling before I added the rosehip oil, so the center of this issue is my oil and how do I correctly apply it? There are a lot of other people out there who uses rosehip oil on their face on a daily basis that didn’t have any problem with it… but here I am. I’m thinking that it might be because the rosehip oil that I’m currently using isn’t cold pressed. But whatever the problem may be, I will find a way to solve it and I will have rosehip oil on my face. I will get both things I want. Lol.
- Oil Cleanser – Banila Co.’s Clean It Zero
- Foam Cleanser – iSkin New York Deep Cleanser
- Toner – Etude House Berry AHA! Bright Peel Boosting Serum. I know that the label says serum, but the product instructions say that I should use it like a toner, and so I did. (see full review here)
- Essence – Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
- Serum – It’s Skin Power 10 Formula VE Effector. I really didn’t have a serum on my night routine because I already had the Boosting Serum from Etude House. But when I bought this, I realized that Vitamin E is very much safe to use with AHA. Since then, I reintroduced serums in my night routine. (I’m already thinking of the next serum to buy as I type.)
- Eye Cream – Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream. I’ve had this one since forever, and I don’t think I need another Eye Cream in the next few months. However, if you guys have suggestions, feel free to comment below. I honestly don’t know how to pick an eye cream.
- Emulsion – Nature Republic Argan 20 Steam Emulsion. This is my second emulsion, ever. The Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion lasted me one complete year, and I am hoping that this will also last a year, if not longer.
- Night Cream – Nella Honey 1 Snail Ultra Moisture Cream Premium. I also used my Nature Republic Aloe Vera gel in the evening, and when I ran out of it, I started using The Face SHop 99% Aloe Vera Gel. However, I wanted to change my night cream so I briefly went back to my very first sleeping mask, which is the Etude House Play Therapy Sleeping Mask. (see routine here) That mask had been with me since forever, and I thought that I don’t really need a firming mask that much, so I went and bought this cream from Althea. (see haul here)
- Lip Mask – Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. This lip mask has been with me since forever, and it smells so good, I am in love with it. I think I started using this around April last year, and I’m still barely halfway through the whole bottle. Totally worth the price, if you ask me.
This first phase of fulfilling my Skincare Goals for 2018 is more focused on adding Snail products in my routine, hence the Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence and the Nella Honey 1 Snail Ultra Moisture Cream Premium. I never really had the chance to incorporate Snail Mucin in my 2017 Skincare Routines except for the Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin and the occasional Snail sheet mask because all of the snail products that I wanted to have were always out of stock in Althea and BeautyMNL. Back then, having snail mucin in my routine was not really much of a goal, it’s more like something that I was willing to try (but I never got the chance lol). This year, since the occasional Snail sheet mask from Etude House has proven that Snail does indeed do wonders on my skin, I have decided that it should have more participation in my skincare routine. I actually feel like I have been missing a huge part of my Korean beauty obsession because I don’t have any snail mucin product.
Also, I currently have two It’s Skin Power 10 Formula Effectors in my skincare routines. I wanted to try the whole line on my skin because it looks so fun and colorful. However, trying the whole line isn’t really high on my priority list right now because I have an ideal skincare routine in my mind which involves more Cosrx, Klairs, and The Ordinary products. But if ever I need a certain serum and my first choice of serum is not in stock, I might go for another It’s Skin Power 10 Formula Effector instead.
For the second phase, I want to add more actives in my skincare routine. But I have to do it really slowly because I don’t want to traumatize my skin by having too many active products. I might start with what I’m familiar with first, which is a stronger Vitamin C serum, AHAs and BHAs. But to be honest, the second phase depends on what items are available in the market. Because I’m also looking at beauty oils, but I need to do more research about it seeing that my current rosehip oil is not that much of a delight to use (maybe it’s because of the products I used during the routine, because it absorbs perfectly when I massage it on my arm), but I have noticed some positive changes that can be attributed to that beauty oil.
And honestly, this AM/PM skincare routine isn’t the perfect skincare routine for me. But I really like what it’s doing to my skin.
Before I end this post, I would just like to remind everyone that I have a normal-dry skin type. My nose area is acne prone.
If any of you guys use beauty oils, please tell me how you incorporate it in your routines. Also, does it make your face look really shiny? Or does it absorb well? Comment down below!